#1 OFFLINE   Shanmugaraj

Shanmugaraj

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 traverse 1lt

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

I am installing a Brandmotion rear view camera kit in my Traverse 1LT 2012. The kit came with a harness, which carries the following signals to/from mirror and camera

Camera Video Signal (+) White*
7Camera Video Signal (-) Brown*
Ground Black*
Backup Lamp Relay Control Green*
Ignition 1 Voltage Red*

Couple wire splicing is required to get the harness installed as documented.

It looks like the existing mirror connector already has the
Ground
Backup Lamp Relay Control
Ignition 1 Voltage
signals pins pre wired.

While installing the camera, after removing the liftgate trim, i found a unused 4 pin factory installed connector. I traced 2 pins from that straight to the mirror's video signal pins, great!! the other pin is ground/shield. However, I cant make out what the remaining pin is. Does anyone know what the remaining pin is? Plus the Brandmotion camera harness has 6 pins as above. Anyone knows if a factory installed RVS camera has the same number of pins? I really want to use the existing factory installed harness, any help is appreciated.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   BigBlueTraverse

BigBlueTraverse

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

The wires in question will most likely not work as the BCM is not configured to run the camera. I tried to use them to but had to run my own wires and use the reverse lights to power it.

I have an LS so I can't Speke of the LT's for sure but others have not been able to use the factory wiring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·