2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smccorkle13

smccorkle13

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Earlier this week my GM factory installed XM radio (2009 Traverse) stopped receiving the XM signal, except for the preview channel XM1. After repeated attempts at refreshing the signal and about an hour of XM phone technical support, it was suggested by XM Listener Care that I take the vehicle to my local dealership to have them perform a hard reset on the radio.
After running a diagnostic, I was told by the dealership that the cause of my problem is not the radio itself, but that the receiver (located in the back of the vehcile) has stopped working and that a new one will have to be ordered and installed.
My question is, would I still be able to receive the preview channel XM1 even though the receiver is no longer functioning? My thought would be that if the receiver is not functioning, I would not be able to receive any signal, even the preview channel XM1. It is rather expensive for the dealer to order and install the new receiver.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   smccorkle13

smccorkle13

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Well, the dealership finally go the new receiver in and insalled it and everything works. I was told they've never had an issue like this before and wasn't sure why it stopped working.

#3 OFFLINE   foshoopd

foshoopd

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Traverse LS

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

I wouldn't have thought that would have worked either....I would thought XM would have told you that your subscription had expired--or that they'd disconnected you from full subscription for some reason and would just have to hook you back up. The preview channel sounds like it is recorded...or coming from another source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·