• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kemosabe

Kemosabe

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Traverse LT - Silver, of course!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Does anyone have a well-informed and/or experienced opinion of the Clarion CX501 Radio/CD/Sat/BT, etc. radio?? My LT1 came with a pretty basic AM/FM/single CD radio, and no BT!!!

Thanks!!

"Hi Ho Silver - away!!"

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   BigBlueTraverse

BigBlueTraverse

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Does anyone have a well-informed and/or experienced opinion of the Clarion CX501 Radio/CD/Sat/BT, etc. radio?? My LT1 came with a pretty basic AM/FM/single CD radio, and no BT!!!

Thanks!!

You will need a GMOS-LAN-01 for non-bose or GM OnstarGMOS-LAN-02 with Bose to install an aftermarket stereo on these. They use a Lanbus power system so these allow the radio to talk and power up.

Plus it retains OnStar.

I installed a Parrot Bluetooth system and added an AMP to the factory stereo as well as a speaker upgrade and my Base radio in my LS sounds great now.

#3 OFFLINE   Kemosabe

Kemosabe

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

You will need a GMOS-LAN-01 for non-bose or GM OnstarGMOS-LAN-02 with Bose to install an aftermarket stereo on these. They use a Lanbus power system so these allow the radio to talk and power up.

Plus it retains OnStar.

I installed a Parrot Bluetooth system and added an AMP to the factory stereo as well as a speaker upgrade and my Base radio in my LS sounds great now.

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, mine has neither the Bose radio nor OnStar. Can I still put in a better radio like the Clarion? Would I be better off looking for an upgraded OEM radio in a recycle (Junk) Yard???

"Hi Ho Silver - away!!"

#4 OFFLINE   BigBlueTraverse

BigBlueTraverse

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

The GMOS-LAN-01 will still work.

#5 OFFLINE   Kemosabe

Kemosabe

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

The GMOS-LAN-01 will still work.

Uh - What is it?? Cable, module????
"Hi Ho Silver - away!!"

#6 OFFLINE   BigBlueTraverse

BigBlueTraverse

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

This is the interface you will need to install and aftermarket head unit. There is no ignition power source plus you will loose the turn signal tones and all the other chimes as they are all passed through the factory radio.

This will retain the chimes and also provide you with a hot and ignition source for the aftermarket head unit.

The car uses a computerized system then sends a signal to the factory radio and tells it to turn on.

You will not be able to connect the aftermarket head unit without one of these connectors.

It will also tap right into the factory harness so it's an easier install.

#7 OFFLINE   Kemosabe

Kemosabe

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

This is the interface you will need to install and aftermarket head unit. There is no ignition power source plus you will loose the turn signal tones and all the other chimes as they are all passed through the factory radio.

This will retain the chimes and also provide you with a hot and ignition source for the aftermarket head unit.

The car uses a computerized system then sends a signal to the factory radio and tells it to turn on.

You will not be able to connect the aftermarket head unit without one of these connectors.

It will also tap right into the factory harness so it's an easier install.

Thanks BBT! You are a fountain of knowledge!!
"Hi Ho Silver - away!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·