6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CHVYRIDIN

CHVYRIDIN

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Check Engine light came on with the dash saying Engine Hot/ AC Off. It also says Engine Power Reduced/Engine Overheated

Checked the coolant tank and it was very low. Bought some 50/50 coolant, filled it up but still same problem.
Started it up the next morning and drove it to Auto Zone which was 3 minutes away and temp went up to 260 and same deal Engine Hot/AC
off Engine Power Reduced etc...
At Autozone scan detected two codes P0117 Engine Coolant Temp and P1258 Engine Metal Over Temp Protection.
Got the codes erased since coolant was added, drove off and couple minutes later temp climbed to 260 with same result as first stated.

Any help/advice before I take it to the dealer would be appreciated.

FYI - Timing Chains were replaced in March 11
  • tnewsom and Trevor like this

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   daarsees

daarsees

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

i have not had any check engine lights... but engine has been heating to normal op temp 210 rapidly. I idled the other day then drove a mile. temp started rising fast, fan came on. thankfully was close to home. nothing in reservoir... so we topped it off.. drove for a few days til could get it to mechanic. I had absolutely nothing in my radiator!! its at the dealer now. Our mechanic diagnosed as cracked head or blown gasket. waiting to here from dealership.. I used the roadside assistance from powertrain warranty to tow it in. Didnt want to drive it. Sadly I only parked it immediately cause was also having power steering fluid loss and it was making a terrible racket.... that problem is solved. faulty hose.. Did you get yours fixed? what was problem

#3 OFFLINE   kemc1580

kemc1580

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have a brand new 2012 that overheaded. Took it to the dealership and the diagnosis is a pinhole in the radiator with labor included coming up $1089.28 I only have 5,200 mailes in my car. Does anyone know if this should be cover by the warranty? How can i tell if this is a road hazard or a malfunction?

#4 OFFLINE   Chevrolet Customer Service

Chevrolet Customer Service

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse!!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

@kemc1580, please send me a private message with the VIN of your Traverse and I would be happy to research this for you.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/pr...-statement.html

#5 OFFLINE   tnewsom

tnewsom

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Traverse

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Chvyridin,

My traverse is having the exact same issue. What was the resolution with yours?

Thanks

#6 OFFLINE   fawntrail

fawntrail

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Chevy Traverse
  • Interests:fish , hunt and tour

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Bumper to bumper should cover any problems for 30 K?  

If car over heats do NOT remove radiator cap.  Check to see if both fans are running.  Could be stuck thermostat also  in any case you need a tow to a dealer for warranty purposes. If they BS you call a lawyer.

#7 OFFLINE   gordonfan

gordonfan

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Traverse LT

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:32 AM

I have 2010 LT and yesterday I got the message "Engine hot A/C off", the temp gage went to 260 and the engine went to limp mode.  My vehicle has 206xxx miles on it.  Would this be a water pump issue or a thermostat issue?  If I turn on the heat I have plenty of that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·