10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike1028

Mike1028

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

I used the following instructions from the Owner's Manual to try to sync my cell phone to the Bluetooth on my '09 1LT:

Pairing a Phone
1. Press and hold the Push To Talk button for
two seconds. The system
responds with “Ready” followed
by a tone.
2. Say “Bluetooth”. The system
responds with “Bluetooth
ready” followed by a tone.

The problem is, no matter how clearly, or how slowly I said "Bluetooth", the system never recognizes that word. It only responds with "Pardon?", or, "Sorry, I didn't get that....". This is puzzling since the system even responds that "Bluetooth" is one of the valid responses that it will recognize. And I have tried tens of times to say "Bluetooth" in all possible ways that it might recognize and close enough to the microphone that it should be able to recognize it.

Am I doing something wrong ? Or is there some other possible problem ? Thanks for your input.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   odypilots

odypilots

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Are you sure your vehicle has Bluetooth? Mine would do the same thing, leading me to think I had Bluetooth, but I didn't.
2010 1LT AWD w/ tow package

#3 OFFLINE   Mike1028

Mike1028

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Are you sure your vehicle has Bluetooth? Mine would do the same thing, leading me to think I had Bluetooth, but I didn't.

Maybe that is the problem. Let me check further. Is Bluetooth an optional feature ? I don't see it on the list of optional features available for the '09 1LT. Very misleading when the salesman says it is equipped with Bluetooth and when the voice response system says that "Bluetooth" is a valid response for that vehicle. Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   BigBlueTraverse

BigBlueTraverse

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

If you have the steering wheel control you have bluetooth.

Have some else say it and see what happens.

I have a very flat voice and nothing voice command works for me. I have a parrot bluetooth in mine and it lets me spin a wheel and says the contact name so I just turn the wheel untill I hear the name of the person I'm looking for and hit the call button.

I can't even voice dial with the parrot and it has one of the best voice recognition systems.

You may be like me.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike1028

Mike1028

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

If you have the steering wheel control you have bluetooth.

Have some else say it and see what happens.

I have a very flat voice and nothing voice command works for me. I have a parrot bluetooth in mine and it lets me spin a wheel and says the contact name so I just turn the wheel untill I hear the name of the person I'm looking for and hit the call button.

I can't even voice dial with the parrot and it has one of the best voice recognition systems.

You may be like me.

I DO have the button on my steering wheel. So by your theory, I DO have Bluetooth equipped. Thanks for the heads-up. I will play with it some more. And if all else fails, take it back to the Dealer as a warranty issue. Thanks again !

#6 OFFLINE   doclewis

doclewis

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

I just bought a new Droid 2. My old Verizon LG phone worked fine on the Bluetooth. The Droid does not. Took it to Chevy today... they have a service bulletin that says the new Bluetooth phones are NOT compatible with the Traverse Bluetooth system. Your service dealer can show you the service letter from GM.

#7 OFFLINE   mathisjm18

mathisjm18

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

I had the same problem. Just because you have the button on your steering wheel does not mean you have BT. The 1LT doesn't come standard with BT. My salesman didn't realize this either and sold me the vehicle as if it had BT. Your best bet is to get an aftermarket solution.

#8 OFFLINE   jacksteach

jacksteach

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

I used the following instructions from the Owner's Manual to try to sync my cell phone to the Bluetooth on my '09 1LT:

Pairing a Phone
1. Press and hold the Push To Talk button for
two seconds. The system
responds with “Ready” followed
by a tone.
2. Say “Bluetooth”. The system
responds with “Bluetooth
ready” followed by a tone.

The problem is, no matter how clearly, or how slowly I said "Bluetooth", the system never recognizes that word. It only responds with "Pardon?", or, "Sorry, I didn't get that....". This is puzzling since the system even responds that "Bluetooth" is one of the valid responses that it will recognize. And I have tried tens of times to say "Bluetooth" in all possible ways that it might recognize and close enough to the microphone that it should be able to recognize it.

Am I doing something wrong ? Or is there some other possible problem ? Thanks for your input.

#9 OFFLINE   jacksteach

jacksteach

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

We had the same problem and the dealership told us the problem was in the cell phones we were using. This was not the case because when the radio display on the front went out and it had to be replaced, suddenly the BlueTooth started working. Others have told me of similar problems with their GM BlueTooth in other vehicles. Have the dealership check it out.

#10 OFFLINE   thejaycrew

thejaycrew

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Chevy Traverse

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Don't know if you found the answer you were looking for, but I had the same experience. I took it to the dealer and they stated the GM had put out a "bulletin" or notice regarding this issue in July 2011 (#08-08-44-024). I also had the seller "promise" it had bluetooth, only to find out it didn't. The GM bulletin states that the only way to tell if your vehicle has bluetooth is to do what you've done, and if it responds as yours (and mine) did, it does NOT. While it was irritating and I felt like a dope taking it to the dealer for something it didn't have, GM didn't seem to think it a big deal. Their (biased) suggestion was to activate my Onstar (which I'm not because it's expensive). Unless you want and will use Onstar, your best bet is to buy your own Bluetooth device to install (or have installed) in the car. I have found a few that can be installed into the car that will utilize the radio/nav. system, but they range from $100-250. Sorry if this info is too late or if you've already solved your answers.

#11 OFFLINE   Mark923

Mark923

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Chevy Traverse LT1

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Don't know if you found the answer you were looking for, but I had the same experience. I took it to the dealer and they stated the GM had put out a "bulletin" or notice regarding this issue in July 2011 (#08-08-44-024). I also had the seller "promise" it had bluetooth, only to find out it didn't. The GM bulletin states that the only way to tell if your vehicle has bluetooth is to do what you've done, and if it responds as yours (and mine) did, it does NOT. While it was irritating and I felt like a dope taking it to the dealer for something it didn't have, GM didn't seem to think it a big deal. Their (biased) suggestion was to activate my Onstar (which I'm not because it's expensive). Unless you want and will use Onstar, your best bet is to buy your own Bluetooth device to install (or have installed) in the car. I have found a few that can be installed into the car that will utilize the radio/nav. system, but they range from $100-250. Sorry if this info is too late or if you've already solved your answers.

Dang, this is good to know. I just got my Traverse last night and was anxious to get my and my wife's phones paired with the Traverse BT. But it didn't recognize that command, so I guess I don't have it. We also just got brand new Verizon Motorola cell phones, and thinking those may be the problem too?

OK, any suggestions on 3rd party BT solutions??

2009 | Traverse LT1 | Rear Backup Camera | Navigation | No Bluetooth??
<><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·