5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   0409Traverse

0409Traverse

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

There is a squeaking sound coming from the brake pedal on the interior of the car. It begins happening just when the pedal is almost fully depressed and then will squeak again as I am letting off the brake.

My mechanic told me it is a plastic bushing underneath the dash board where the brake pedal arm meets up with a bolt.

Has anyone experienced this sound and if so have you been able to resolve it?

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   jillgoh

jillgoh

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:traverse

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

Having the same problem. Sounds like a old squeaking car. They tell me they don't know what's causing the noise and all they do is oil it. Which still does not help. Has anyone had their's fixed? Been dealing with noise for almost 2 years.

#3 OFFLINE   renskys26

renskys26

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse 2LT 2009
  • Interests:Motorsport

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Having the same problem. Sounds like a old squeaking car. They tell me they don't know what's causing the noise and all they do is oil it. Which still does not help. Has anyone had their's fixed? Been dealing with noise for almost 2 years.

I have the same problem before but it was already fixed by replacing the brake booster assy. The noise is from the internal brake booster push rod . check with your dealer as it has a bulletin on this concern.

#4 OFFLINE   micfran

micfran

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Traverse LS 2015

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

I am having similar issues, but its like a crunching sound, when pressing/depressing the brake pedal

#5 OFFLINE   micfran

micfran

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Traverse LS 2015  -  36k

I am having similar issues, but its like an old door opening sound, when pressing/depressing the brake pedal.

This has been happening since I drove from the car dealer 6 weeks ago, and when i turned the radio down, which

the Salesman had turned on, before i entered for the test drive, so i didnt notice, and he probably knew of this problem.

Since then GM advised me to take it to their Service center, and they would then decide if they would assist me with the bill, but only after

i pay for the diagnostics.  The cost for diags is $150 upwards, depending on how much work is required.   I cant afford the possibility of a few hundreds

so I have to stake it out until then.

#6 OFFLINE   micfran

micfran

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

Replacing the brake booster kit did fix my problem.   No more crunching squeaky annoying sound.  

Thanks for the tip.  Did cost couple hundred dollars though...Dealer fix.. stay away from the quacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·