8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Carl_NDelta

Carl_NDelta

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

Anyone else finding that the USB port is finicky in their Bose systems? I have a 2010 2LT AWD with the 10 speaker Bose sound system.

I find that the USB stick is seldom found/initialized when I first start up regardless of what source was selected (AM, FM, XM, USB) or if the radio is off or on. Typically I have to pull it out and re-insert it several times before I see the LED in the stick start to wink. Of course this is quite dangerous to be playing with while you're driving down the road so I often have to wait a minute or two until I can get the stick engaged before I can drive away.

I've tried two different brands of USB sticks, one a 32G and the other an 8G.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:54 AM

Anyone else finding that the USB port is finicky in their Bose systems? I have a 2010 2LT AWD with the 10 speaker Bose sound system.

I find that the USB stick is seldom found/initialized when I first start up regardless of what source was selected (AM, FM, XM, USB) or if the radio is off or on. Typically I have to pull it out and re-insert it several times before I see the LED in the stick start to wink. Of course this is quite dangerous to be playing with while you're driving down the road so I often have to wait a minute or two until I can get the stick engaged before I can drive away.

I've tried two different brands of USB sticks, one a 32G and the other an 8G.

2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#3 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

If you are just using a jump drive that could be the problem, just like when you plug one in you computer it take a little time for it to read it. The better the jump drive the faster but if I were you I might hit crags lit and just pick up an used IPOD or what ever MP3 player you prefer then you could just leave in the Traverse.

:shades: Steve
2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#4 OFFLINE   Carl_NDelta

Carl_NDelta

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

If you are just using a jump drive that could be the problem, just like when you plug one in you computer it take a little time for it to read it. The better the jump drive the faster but if I were you I might hit crags lit and just pick up an used IPOD or what ever MP3 player you prefer then you could just leave in the Traverse.

An update... pulled out a 4G SanDisk Cruzer I use for work and copied my music to it, same files as the other two USB sticks. Works like a charm.

All three sticks use FAT32 formatting.

So is it a size issue? The 32G and 8G did not work reliably. I'd bet there is a memory address issue.

Or is a brand issue? Sandisk vs 32G Kingston vs 8G Patriot.

I also tried my 4G Creative MP3 player and it would not recognize it.

#5 OFFLINE   Carl_NDelta

Carl_NDelta

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

I've now acquired an 8G Sandisk Cruzer and have loaded about 5G of music on it. It seems to be working flawlessly. Same formatting as the others.

Now I'm really puzzled.

#6 OFFLINE   ndxaustin10

ndxaustin10

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

I forget the brands, but I have a 4GB stick that it wont recognize. I have a 16gb it does recognize. And I have an ipod it does recognize. I tried all formats on the 4gb, fat32 ntfs etc and it wont sync up..

#7 OFFLINE   rllewellyn

rllewellyn

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Having the same problem with my 2011 Traverse. I have a Lexar 16GB. It hasn't recognized it once. I reformated and made sure that the only format is .mp3. I took all of the album art out and still no luck. I thought it was a size issue as well. Bummer.

#8 OFFLINE   BigBlueTraverse

BigBlueTraverse

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

I have seen this with all kinds of things. I'm in IT as well and a car nut but quite often I have to switch the keys up to work in certain devices.

Just try another make and size of key keep with a new key is best.

#9 OFFLINE   Carl_NDelta

Carl_NDelta

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

To update...

I was down in the USA on vacation last week and picked up an item I could not find locally in Canada - a LEXAR ZX 16GB USB drive. LEXAR is a well respected name in the photography digital memory market so I had high hopes.

http://www.lexar.com...-backup-drive-0

Did a quick format to FAT32 default allocation unit size and copied over my music - works great but I have only 20 minutes or so of stepping through the folders and trying various songs so hopefully I will not run into any gitches during my next road trip.

This is a VERY low profile USB stick and works great in the 2010's where the USB port is in the centre console. The "cap" portion of the stick sticks out no more than 5/16" where as my Sandisk units are about 2 and 5/16" in height. No more fear of bumping the USB stick when using the centre console. This would likely also be an issue with the 2011's where the port is in the top dashboard bin.

Lacie and Verbatim also have versions of this form factor. The Verbatim does not have a LED in it.

I found it being cleared out at Office Depot... $29 for the 16GB. Not the cheapest per GB but ideal for my purposes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·