10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wdgtech

wdgtech

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:38 AM

I don't like the way the emblems look on the tail of my Traverse, so I'm thinking of shaving all the emblems, including the Chevrolet letters on lower left of liftgate.
Then, when I have all the letters shaved. I am thinking about carefully reinstalling them using a 3m doublestick tape product and positioning the T R A V E R S E letters below Bowtie.

I saw a Mitsu Eclipse with similar emblem configuration as well as a Toyota Venza (also a crossover utility vehicle) and like how the letters look below the manufacturers logo.

Ok, no response so it must not be a good idea. Thx for the silence I'll take it as a no vote for moving my emblems, but might still shave 'em.
Peter
2010 Chevy Traverse 2LT Ext Red Jewel Tint Coat, Int Cashmere Leather / Ebony, Rear Seat Audio and Climate Controls, Rearview camera display, BOSE, XM, OnStar, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   maybs

maybs

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

I'm waiting for my newly-ordered Traverse to be built. I'm already thinking I will want to get rid of all the badges except the bowtie. Anyone have any tips for doing this other than "be very, very careful"? I like the idea of repositioning TRAVERSE. But, part of why I want them gone is so there's nothing in the way when waxing.

#3 OFFLINE   wdgtech

wdgtech

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:24 AM

I'm waiting for my newly-ordered Traverse to be built. I'm already thinking I will want to get rid of all the badges except the bowtie. Anyone have any tips for doing this other than "be very, very careful"? I like the idea of repositioning TRAVERSE. But, part of why I want them gone is so there's nothing in the way when waxing.

Hello, and congrats on your Traverse on order. Most people that 'shaved' their emblems have done so with fishing line or you can use dental floss. Then, take off any left over adhesive with WD40; rinse and then polish or wax to protect the finish after the emblem and adhesive residue is removed. I removed my Chevrolet and LT emblem (on liftgate) and was pleased with the results.
Peter
2010 Chevy Traverse 2LT Ext Red Jewel Tint Coat, Int Cashmere Leather / Ebony, Rear Seat Audio and Climate Controls, Rearview camera display, BOSE, XM, OnStar, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof.

#4 OFFLINE   Hey-Moe

Hey-Moe

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:04 AM

Hello, and congrats on your Traverse on order. Most people that 'shaved' their emblems have done so with fishing line or you can use dental floss. Then, take off any left over adhesive with WD40; rinse and then polish or wax to protect the finish after the emblem and adhesive residue is removed. I removed my Chevrolet and LT emblem (on liftgate) and was pleased with the results.

Didn't really think you were serious about taking the emblems off..hence the non response. Just don't understand why...and have never ever considered doing such a thing. Good luck with it...and hope you can make it look like you want.

#5 OFFLINE   maybs

maybs

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

Great information, thanks! I would never have thought of using fishing line. I would have just tried prying them off.

#6 OFFLINE   rbarrios

rbarrios

Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Great information, thanks! I would never have thought of using fishing line. I would have just tried prying them off.

and maybe a blow dryer in some cases to heat up the adhesive.

#7 OFFLINE   wdgtech

wdgtech

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:48 PM

Thanks. I'm tempted just to do away with all emblems except the tiny GM emblems and also keep the bowties. i have gold pinstriping, so the gold bowties compliment the pinstripes nicely (and vice versa).
Peter

#8 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:57 AM

I did this on my Silverado and it worked good but make sure to get thicker fishing line because if you get thin stuff you will be breaking it a lot as you cut through the 3m tape.

Steve
2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#9 OFFLINE   gilbert18812

gilbert18812

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

your posting is something different

#10 OFFLINE   Speed_Freak5150

Speed_Freak5150

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:56 AM

I have removed all of the emblems off of my cobalt. I just pulled them off and then used goo gone to clean up the residue. I then waxed the car to protect the paint where the emblems used to be.
2001 Malibu LS
2007 Cobalt LS
2010 Malibu 1LT
Thinking about getting a Traverse and doing some research first.

#11 OFFLINE   carlynx

carlynx

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:14 AM

I removed the badges on my rig for a cleaner look. I used fishing line, and heat gun to soften the adhesive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·