9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wolves1869

wolves1869

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Just wanted to pass on my experience with Safari Bars for the Traverse.

Found it very difficult to even find any on-line, but eventually found a company that sells them.(buyautotruckaccessories.com). Got the bars about 10 days later.The box said it was for an Enclave, but I was assured by the manufacturer that they would fit the Traverse. Went to get them installed professionally and guess what..they didn't fit. Contacted the dealer, who asked me for photos of the brackets for the manufacturers, so I went out in 20* weather to take the pictures. Cutting a very long story short (2 months now), the manufacturers (Romig) have admitted that the Safari Bars DO NOT FIT the Traverse as they had thought (one size of bar fits several makes and models apparently) and have agreed that I can return them.
Interestingly, they advise that they are now in the process of manufacturing the correct bracket, which will take 45-60 days (so mid-June 2010 approx).

Think they will look great when they become available, but beware for the present.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   aerochev

aerochev

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:old customizer

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

I have a 2010 2lt and purchaced a Aries bull bar same thing as yours did not fit but I cut out a knotch in each bracket and they bolted up but then bar would not line up with holes in bracket ,used rear hole and redrilled other result bar on and it does look good . Did email the supplier and explaided what I did never heard from him again.

#3 OFFLINE   wolves1869

wolves1869

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

Just had the MANUFACTURERS' rep come to my house, with profuse apologies. Took the Bars back (and advised seller to refund me) and advised he would let me know when the brackets became available (4-6 weeks)and would then install the bars. Did advise that a knotch (not a hole) would have to be cut in the 'skirt' at the front to allow the brackets to fit. Will let you know what happens.

#4 OFFLINE   aerochev

aerochev

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:old customizer

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

tes you do have to cut slot in lower valence double chk dimensions as I found the one they give is not correct ,found out after I cut it had to make bigger opening but bar covers it pretty good don't want to replace valence yet

#5 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

I would like to see this when the dealer gets is strait post pictures please

:shades: Steve
2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#6 OFFLINE   blkcofy

blkcofy

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

Any updates to a bull bar fitting the traverse w/out major surgery?

#7 OFFLINE   _1135

_1135

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Any updates at all?
Rich

#8 OFFLINE   _1135

_1135

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Any updates at all?

carid.com keeps changing their website to say they have a bull bar for the 2011 model. Then when I call they tell me it is a mistake. This has gone on for 6 months/3 calls to them.

I think I will be able to get one in a few years.
Rich

#9 OFFLINE   carlynx

carlynx

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:54 AM

I got my westin bullbar at 4wheelonline.com. Had no problem fitting this bar. Now I'm thinking of adding aux lights on it.

#10 OFFLINE   GregW

GregW

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Chevrolet Traverse

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:22 AM

I have also checked for that Westin bull bar, but then decided that I do not need one, as I do not really go out of the city often. Now I'm focused on chrome stuff and lighting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·