10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   waveho

waveho

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

Anyone else with the LTZ, that has the chromed-center side moulding strips on the doors have a problem with the center chrome strip popping up, then getting bent back by the wind? Happened a few months ago on the right side, got it fixed, then happened to the left side. Both times got fixed under warranty. But each time, they could not just order the chrome center strips, but had to order the entire side moulding piece, for each door panel, then paint them in the body shop. Dealer said they only come with the strip attached. Wondering about future problems, after warranty expires. Can the side moulding strips be replaced with the LT1 or LT2 strips, that are solid, and do NOT include the stupid chrome center strip, which is only attached by 3m tape and bent on either end?
2009 LTZ, AWD, black and beautiful

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   traverse17

traverse17

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

Anyone else with the LTZ, that has the chromed-center side moulding strips on the doors have a problem with the center chrome strip popping up, then getting bent back by the wind? Happened a few months ago on the right side, got it fixed, then happened to the left side. Both times got fixed under warranty. But each time, they could not just order the chrome center strips, but had to order the entire side moulding piece, for each door panel, then paint them in the body shop. Dealer said they only come with the strip attached. Wondering about future problems, after warranty expires. Can the side moulding strips be replaced with the LT1 or LT2 strips, that are solid, and do NOT include the stupid chrome center strip, which is only attached by 3m tape and bent on either end?

#3 OFFLINE   traverse17

traverse17

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

yes just picked up my LTZ 2 weeks ago and i did noticed that right away,replaced driver side already and its pulling out again???????????????????/

#4 OFFLINE   waveho

waveho

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

yes just picked up my LTZ 2 weeks ago and i did noticed that right away,replaced driver side already and its pulling out again???????????????????/

Seems to be a universal QC issue with this, or at least a poor design. I may have all four replaced with the solid painted side moulding and get rid of all the chrome stripping on the doors before the warranty expires, just in case. I compared to the non-LTZ and size fitment of those non-chromed mouldings seem the same, which stands to reason. I have made enquiries to GM about this, so I have a history of claiming this problem, and from their response (they actually called me back) it seems that they would authorize this preemptive replacement under warranty. Worst thing is, they peel back from wind buffeting and can scrape the door paint and/or cause injury if not noticed immediately.
2009 LTZ, AWD, black and beautiful

#5 OFFLINE   redstateraider

redstateraider

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

On my 2010 ltz the chrome strips came off 2 days after we bought it. I have been going back and forth with the dealer for the past four months trying to get new panels. I called today and the service mgr said that GM has re-designed the panels and that when they get the panels they all come in black so they would have to be painted to the cars color at the body shop. As of now they have the front door panels waiting on the rear door panels.

#6 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

I had mine replaced they replaced all 4 doors no damage to the paint & they were the ones that said we will replace them not try to repair them.

:shades: Steve
2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#7 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

I had mine replaced they replaced all 4 doors no damage to the paint & they were the ones that said we will replace them not try to repair them.

:shades: Steve

2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#8 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:36 AM

After the dealership glued them the last time they seem to be holding

#9 OFFLINE   gilbert18812

gilbert18812

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:08 AM

you can take it to the showroom

#10 OFFLINE   jhhearn@hotmail.com

jhhearn@hotmail.com

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

The strip came off of my 2009 LTZ after about a month, it actually came loose at one end, i didnt notice, opened the door and it bent the chrome strip and scracthed the paint. Local dealer said that part wasnt under warranty. i pulled it off and drove without for a year, then relented and paid the 200 for the new part to be painted and put on. Not too many LTZs on the island here on Oahu but a friend with another 09 LTZ had the same thing happen. (still love the Traverse though)

#11 OFFLINE   Winget

Winget

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:My Kids...

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

I think this is a super common issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·