16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Orettes

Orettes

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

We just picked up our Travese. We live in FLorida and about Sept thru October the Love Bug season is here. So I want to protect the front end of the car.I have not located any front masks yet. Does anyone have one if so please let me know where you purchased it so I can look into it.

Also if anyone has had experiance with the after market Window Piller chrome accessories please let me know how much and where. Does it look good? Has anyone installed a chrome grill yet?

Thanks in advance,

Orettes

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   rbarrios

rbarrios

Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

We just picked up our Travese. We live in FLorida and about Sept thru October the Love Bug season is here. So I want to protect the front end of the car.I have not located any front masks yet. Does anyone have one if so please let me know where you purchased it so I can look into it.

Also if anyone has had experiance with the after market Window Piller chrome accessories please let me know how much and where. Does it look good? Has anyone installed a chrome grill yet?

Thanks in advance,

Orettes

what about that 3M plastic that stick on to the car...
Ive heard of people applying WD-40 to the paint if they know theyre going to be going thru bug infested areas.

#3 OFFLINE   Orettes

Orettes

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

what about that 3M plastic that stick on to the car...
Ive heard of people applying WD-40 to the paint if they know theyre going to be going thru bug infested areas.

Thanks for the reply.. 3m plastic I guess I could pick that up in an auto parts store.

#4 OFFLINE   rbarrios

rbarrios

Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the reply.. 3m plastic I guess I could pick that up in an auto parts store.

And you know- those bras... Ive seen too many people put them on-- and leave them on....
next thing you know theres small sand/rocks under there--- etching away at the paint---
other leave them on forever--- next thing you know---you have paint that has changed color a bit- and remained the same under the bra.

#5 OFFLINE   njboy

njboy

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

Thanks in advance,

Orettes

I also live in FL and looked for a Bra in early April just before the Love Bugs hit with no luck. Wound up buying cheap mesh nets for the front. They are ugly but worked well for the 2-3 weeks that they are needed. You might consider this as a last resort. I would recommend you buy them now as the auto parts stores run out of them quickly. As a side note someone discourged me from putting a Bra on the car. As FL has tons of blowing sand it could get trapped behind and "Sand Blast" the paint from the rubbing unless the Bra is removed every few days.

#6 OFFLINE   ArsenalGunner

ArsenalGunner

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

This will be my first Mod for my Wife's 2LT Traverse, I have had this done approx 5 years on my Toyota, and it still looks mint
Hers's a link www.chipguard.com Chevrolet Traverse
Yeah it's Chipguard 3M protection from Bugs, and Rocks etc works great

http://www.chipguard...C...9&Submit=Go

1. Entire front
2. Side mirrors
3. Rear Bumper prevents scratching when things are moved in and out

With Chip Guard I like the fact you don't even know it's there and maintains the look and beauty of the Car
I shall post some pics once completed
"I think Arsene Wenger wants to prove everyone wrong and win the league with this group of players, and I hope he does."

#7 OFFLINE   Orettes

Orettes

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking into this recently at many different sites. Is it hard to install? If you could post any tips and pics that would be great!

Thanks

Scott

#8 OFFLINE   ArsenalGunner

ArsenalGunner

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking into this recently at many different sites. Is it hard to install? If you could post any tips and pics that would be great!

Thanks

Scott

I shall once I have it done was gonna do it tomorrow but my buddy just reminded me of our fishing trip, and Monday is a holiday here so it'll probably be later in the coming week

Cheers Dave
"I think Arsene Wenger wants to prove everyone wrong and win the league with this group of players, and I hope he does."

#9 OFFLINE   ArsenalGunner

ArsenalGunner

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

she goes under the knife tuesday 15th, I will post pics once done should take approx 2-3 hours

#10 OFFLINE   rbarrios

rbarrios

Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

she goes under the knife tuesday 15th, I will post pics once done should take approx 2-3 hours

you can buy the precut ones on ebay... dont know if its the same material

#11 OFFLINE   ArsenalGunner

ArsenalGunner

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

you can buy the precut ones on ebay... dont know if its the same material

Don't trust them, also the issue with the precut is there is no tuck so there are more lines when I take pics I will illustrate my point

#12 OFFLINE   Orettes

Orettes

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

Don't trust them, also the issue with the precut is there is no tuck so there are more lines when I take pics I will illustrate my point

Thanks for the reply.
I have seen companies that install a "Clear Bra" Very similar. look forward to your pics!
Orettes

#13 OFFLINE   ArsenalGunner

ArsenalGunner

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Job completed I feel alot better now when my wife is driving around no more worries about paint chips with these water base paints they now have.
gonna post pics as soon as I get back from taking my younger daughter to her soccer game.....She's MVP gotta treat her like one as well.

#14 OFFLINE   ArsenalGunner

ArsenalGunner

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

OK finally able to upload the pics to Photobucket for your viewing pleasure. I took th epics about 45 minutes after installation
so it's not fully dried yet after drying you can't tell until the ride is dirty
Basically the entire front end and the side mirrors are wrapped in 3M protection.
I spoke to John and he is going to look into a tutorial for the DIY crowd.
This is the second vechicle he is installing 3M Protection on for me.
So all feedback and questions are welcomed, I will do my best to answer all and if I cannot
point you in Johns direction to clear up the rest.
FAQ's
1. How long did it take for the install? ans approx 2.5 hrs
2. How much id it run? PM me for $
3. How much warranty? 5 years?
4. How do you know it will last that long? I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS that has been wrapped, since 2 weeks after purchased in 03 and the front end looks factory I will post pics
5. I hear it discolours? BS it looks the same 6 years later as the day it was put on hence no second thoughts about doing it again!

Basically every single new car I purchased this will be the first mod I invest in period is my opinion on this!
Here are the pics I took I will take more but this was quick so I could post up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

OK finally able to upload the pics to Photobucket for your viewing pleasure. I took th epics about 45 minutes after installation
so it's not fully dried yet after drying you can't tell until the ride is dirty
Basically the entire front end and the side mirrors are wrapped in 3M protection.
I spoke to John and he is going to look into a tutorial for the DIY crowd.
This is the second vechicle he is installing 3M Protection on for me.
So all feedback and questions are welcomed, I will do my best to answer all and if I cannot
point you in Johns direction to clear up the rest.
FAQ's
1. How long did it take for the install? ans approx 2.5 hrs
2. How much id it run? PM me for $
3. How much warranty? 5 years?
4. How do you know it will last that long? I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS that has been wrapped, since 2 weeks after purchased in 03 and the front end looks factory I will post pics
5. I hear it discolours? BS it looks the same 6 years later as the day it was put on hence no second thoughts about doing it again!

Basically every single new car I purchased this will be the first mod I invest in period is my opinion on this!
Here are the pics I took I will take more but this was quick so I could post up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#16 OFFLINE   VB - LTZ

VB - LTZ

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

:yahoo: I had the dealership install it and the bottom front has a couple of bubbles in it also there is a spot that they didnít line up that great. I took it back yesterday and they are ordering just that section and replacing it but all in all it looks pretty good. I just canít wait till itís as smooth as yours looks.
2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ Exterior Gold Mist Metallic Interior Cashmere / Ebony, DVD Rear Seat Entertainment W/ Toucscreen Navigation Rearview camera display, Bose, Voice Recognition, Remote control, wireless Headphones, 115 power outlet, XM, Trailering Package, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Chrome 20's, Chrome Assist Steps, 3 MM Front End Protection[/font]

#17 OFFLINE   Chad Sollars

Chad Sollars

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:toyota
  • Interests:cars

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

Hello eveyrone, i bought a new chevy car. I Just wanted to ask if Where can I buy chevy accessories that are durable and at a reasonable price? How much would be the cost? Thanks for the information! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·