3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scar98

scar98

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

If i need to get in to details, I will... but for now..

Is anyone aware of a Chevy Dealership's liability when selling a car without showing the buyer an invoice listing the included options?

If you do, please post a link... google isn't playing nicely with my types of searches.

(the dealership / salesperson never showed a listing nor offered to give one and one was not in the window nor the glove box)
  • Elijah_Hib, JannetteMHib, Tequila1Ma and 4 others like this

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   Toddzilla67

Toddzilla67

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

Take a look at this:

Monroney sticker or Dealer sticker price -- The sticker on the car window that shows the base price, the manufacturer's installed options with the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer's destination charge, and the car's fuel economy (mileage). This label is required by federal law and can only removed by the purchaser. Named after A.S. "Mike" Monroney, a longtime Oklahoma congressman who wrote the Automobile Information Disclosure Act.

I would think any dealer add-ons would have to be disclosed (and shown) on a supplementary sticker on the vehicle.

Hope this helps.
2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Skyscape Sunroof, Towing
Born 11/09

#3 OFFLINE   scar98

scar98

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for reply. The dealer did good by me and added the missing item.. (a 3rd party part, but even better quality than what would have been the original).

Note to self: Never be in a hurry when buying car, always be aware of the options offered with each model and NEVER take the word of a salesperson unless it is writing.

I was one of the many people taken by the LT1 and told that it had all of the LT2 options... but it was actually missing the one I really wanted ... Blue Tooth.

Ended up with a Parrot 9200 and man... IT ROCKS. We had no problems pairing up 2 different phones (on different networks). Also, love the iPod, USB, and SD Card support.

Finally have a use for an old 1 gig thumb drive :)

#4 OFFLINE   Toddzilla67

Toddzilla67

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

Glad this worked out for you.

When I originally saw your question I thought of a window sticker that I recently saw on a 2010 Equinox. This factory sticker had no information on it about how the vehicle was equipped, but it did say in bold letters that the car was not for sale and no pricing was published. So I thought you might be entrenched in a situation that involved one of these stickers.
2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Skyscape Sunroof, Towing
Born 11/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·