10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dirtnap

Dirtnap

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

Eventually in the next few months I would like to add an upgraded audio system to my Traverse. Every car I have owned since I was 16 has had an incredible system custom installed by my preferrred custom shop owned by a family friend. Do to the downturn in the economy he was forced to shut his doors after 23 years. I have since been very bold in adding components myself to my last car, and this one would be a project I will do myself completly.

Seeing as this board is ever growing by the day, and hopefully will become THE resource for Traverse owners I would like to start a thread that will be for adding aftermarket speakers and head units. There is NO documentation that I could find on speaker placement OR disassembly to install speakers or aftermarket head units. What I hope to do, but not sure if I am brave enought to attempt it on my new baby, is get a resource where we can document how to's and pictures of common upgrades to the Traverse's Audio.

Usually when buying stereos from Crutchfield.com they supply a how to diagram for removing door panels and Dash trim to install a new head unit. Currently they still do not have the instructions for that. Should I get the courage to actually start attempting this, I want to make sure I get as much info as possible. Thats where this message thread and you come in.

I want to try and add pictures later as I start the project but some info I need first if at all possible are.

For those that have the full 10 speaker BOSE premium sound. I would like to try and get pics at least of the speaker locations. For my standard "6 speaker" system without bose The locations are as follows:
2 "tweeters" up front in the roof columns to the far left and right of the windshield inside. You will see a diamond shaped grill.
Attached File  fronttweeter.jpg   27.34KB   63 downloads

2 Front Door speakers inside each front door ankle Level
Attached File  frontdoor.jpg   25.82KB   64 downloads
2 Middle row speakers inside the door also ankle level.
Attached File  middlerowdoor.jpg   31.8KB   70 downloads

That should produce the "6" that comes standard. For the 10 bose system I need confirmation of the following.
I will guess the next 2 will be in the sidewalls left and right behind the second row seats bringing the count to 8 or 10 see below.
I also know that the ten speaker system I believe has a subwoofer that I assume is behind the third row on the passenger side. I see a small vent there that could be it. See Pic Below

Sub vent?
Attached File  rearvent.jpg   33.89KB   65 downloads

I am at a loss as far as to how they come up with ten. I can only assume perhaps in the 3rd row there is the same setup like the front where theres 2 midrange in the sidewall and 2 tweeters next to them to total 10 speakers and they don't count the Subwoofer as part of the ten.

If someone could be kind enough to take pics of all ten speakers locations for reference we can have a solid locaton to start from. I do not expect anyone to rip out anything, just take a picture of what you think are the locations. As I get going hopefully this can be the thread for audio upgraders to reference by.

Also if there are any Spring Hill employees that might know if there are holes precut and mounting options even on models that are not ordered from the factory with the Premium sound that would help also. Any info we get to make adding/changing audio on this would be great!

Lets get this going! Thanks everyone.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   Toddzilla67

Toddzilla67

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:28 PM

I would start by going to your Chevy parts counter and asking them to pull up any and all pictures of the stereo system. My Buick dealer is great about this and will even print off the diagrams for me for no cost. See if that helps get you started.

Best of luck.
2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Skyscape Sunroof, Towing
Born 11/09

#3 OFFLINE   Dirtnap

Dirtnap

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

No one has any clue or pictures of where the subwoofer on the premium sound package is?

#4 OFFLINE   kawazar

kawazar

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

When I was shopping for mine the LTZ I looked at had a larger panel on the drivers side behind the 3rd seat. My 1LT doesn't have that. Maybe thats where the SW is.
09 Traverse
98 Volvo V70XC
76 MG Midget
01 Ducati Monster 900

#5 OFFLINE   kawazar

kawazar

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

Attached File  __fGNiZ__2E___KGrHgoH_CEEjlLl0F63BKdy9klVjg___4.JPG   58.57KB   135 downloadsLike the photo I found below, the drivers side panel in mine doesn't cover part of the 3rd seat release lever like that one does.
09 Traverse
98 Volvo V70XC
76 MG Midget
01 Ducati Monster 900

#6 OFFLINE   Dirtnap

Dirtnap

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

Attached File  __fGNiZ__2E___KGrHgoH_CEEjlLl0F63BKdy9klVjg___4.JPG   58.57KB   135 downloadsLike the photo I found below, the drivers side panel in mine doesn't cover part of the 3rd seat release lever like that one does.

Good catch on that In my 1LT the Tire Jack is bolted to the frame of the car. and Not above the tire in the floor storage compartment. Thats whats behind my panel on drivers side.

Hopefully we get someone that has the subwoofer package.

On closer look I see what you mean though it looks like the drivers side bulges out. The passenger side does NOT have that bulge out. Very compelling...

#7 OFFLINE   Double K

Double K

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

I have the 09 LTZ with the Bose 10.

2x tweets in the A pillar as you described.

1x mid in the centre of the dash, in front of the dash storage compartment (ie. closer to the window), behind the defrost vent. Can't see the speaker to see how big it is - could be a 4.5".

2x 3-ways in the front doors

2x mids in the 2nd row doors

2x mids in the 3rd row under the windows above/beside the cup holder. Looks like they're 2.5"

Sub is in the center console - hidden - in front of the gear shifter.

http://www.acadiafor...php?topic=735.0
2009 Traverse LTZ AWD

#8 OFFLINE   Dirtnap

Dirtnap

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

I have the 09 LTZ with the Bose 10.

2x tweets in the A pillar as you described.

1x mid in the centre of the dash, in front of the dash storage compartment (ie. closer to the window), behind the defrost vent. Can't see the speaker to see how big it is - could be a 4.5".

2x 3-ways in the front doors

2x mids in the 2nd row doors

2x mids in the 3rd row under the windows above/beside the cup holder. Looks like they're 2.5"

Sub is in the center console - hidden - in front of the gear shifter.

http://www.acadiafor...php?topic=735.0

Thanks so much DoubleK! Thats what I was looking for! I even search some Acadia sites but for some reason didnt come up with the link.

#9 OFFLINE   Double K

Double K

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:15 PM

Happy to help. I'll post a pic of the centre one later.
2009 Traverse LTZ AWD

#10 OFFLINE   roshard78

roshard78

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'15 Traverse LT

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

how big is the bose sub that's inside the center console? And the center speaker inside the dash is 4.5" for sure?

#11 OFFLINE   STEVEANDCHAR1

STEVEANDCHAR1

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Chevy Traverse LT

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

Eventually in the next few months I would like to add an upgraded audio system to my Traverse. Every car I have owned since I was 16 has had an incredible system custom installed by my preferrred custom shop owned by a family friend. Do to the downturn in the economy he was forced to shut his doors after 23 years. I have since been very bold in adding components myself to my last car, and this one would be a project I will do myself completly.

Seeing as this board is ever growing by the day, and hopefully will become THE resource for Traverse owners I would like to start a thread that will be for adding aftermarket speakers and head units. There is NO documentation that I could find on speaker placement OR disassembly to install speakers or aftermarket head units. What I hope to do, but not sure if I am brave enought to attempt it on my new baby, is get a resource where we can document how to's and pictures of common upgrades to the Traverse's Audio.

Usually when buying stereos from Crutchfield.com they supply a how to diagram for removing door panels and Dash trim to install a new head unit. Currently they still do not have the instructions for that. Should I get the courage to actually start attempting this, I want to make sure I get as much info as possible. Thats where this message thread and you come in.

I want to try and add pictures later as I start the project but some info I need first if at all possible are.

For those that have the full 10 speaker BOSE premium sound. I would like to try and get pics at least of the speaker locations. For my standard "6 speaker" system without bose The locations are as follows:
2 "tweeters" up front in the roof columns to the far left and right of the windshield inside. You will see a diamond shaped grill.
attachicon.giffronttweeter.jpg

2 Front Door speakers inside each front door ankle Level
attachicon.giffrontdoor.jpg
2 Middle row speakers inside the door also ankle level.
attachicon.gifmiddlerowdoor.jpg

That should produce the "6" that comes standard. For the 10 bose system I need confirmation of the following.
I will guess the next 2 will be in the sidewalls left and right behind the second row seats bringing the count to 8 or 10 see below.
I also know that the ten speaker system I believe has a subwoofer that I assume is behind the third row on the passenger side. I see a small vent there that could be it. See Pic Below

Sub vent?
attachicon.gifrearvent.jpg

I am at a loss as far as to how they come up with ten. I can only assume perhaps in the 3rd row there is the same setup like the front where theres 2 midrange in the sidewall and 2 tweeters next to them to total 10 speakers and they don't count the Subwoofer as part of the ten.

If someone could be kind enough to take pics of all ten speakers locations for reference we can have a solid locaton to start from. I do not expect anyone to rip out anything, just take a picture of what you think are the locations. As I get going hopefully this can be the thread for audio upgraders to reference by.

Also if there are any Spring Hill employees that might know if there are holes precut and mounting options even on models that are not ordered from the factory with the Premium sound that would help also. Any info we get to make adding/changing audio on this would be great!

Lets get this going! Thanks everyone.

The SW is located passenger seat left side where left foot would be you will see a vent where SW should go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·