#1 OFFLINE   Toddzilla67

Toddzilla67

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

:reading:

I've been looking into an extended warranty (online) for a Traverse. I don't want to be bombarded with email quotes that might wind up in my spam box. I haven't asked the salesman at the local dealer either.

Has anyone here looked into this at their local dealer and/or purchased an extended warranty program?

Thanks in advance.

:reading: Sorry, just trying to keep with the "Coffee House" motif...
  • Elijah_Hib, Tequila1Ma, Nikita_Mug and 2 others like this
2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Skyscape Sunroof, Towing
Born 11/09

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   Dirtnap

Dirtnap

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

I've been looking into an extended warranty (online) for a Traverse. I don't want to be bombarded with email quotes that might wind up in my spam box. I haven't asked the salesman at the local dealer either.

Has anyone here looked into this at their local dealer and/or purchased an extended warranty program?

Thanks in advance.

:reading: Sorry, just trying to keep with the "Coffee House" motif...

When I picked up mine at the dealer last week I didn't know that the extra 3 year warranty was also at supplier price. I think I paid 1600 or 1700 for the extra 3 years because on a much larger vehicle, AWD, extra tranny cooling (I have tow package) my luck would be that something other than powertrain would fail.

Heres something my finance guy said He does and why in his opinion it's worth it. Sure some of it might be sales pitch but the dealer I bought from made this the best experience I have ever had buying a car. They talked to me like they were my brother giving advice to me. No old school dealer tactics, plenty of tips, and the willngness to earn my business no matter what the cost.

My Finance guy stated he also bought the full 68k 6 year coverage. He makes sure every other oil change he brings it to the dealer to do. The primary reason? GM Goodwrench mechanics get paid an extra fee if they find something wrong apprently. They get the part/labor, and a fee for finding and fixing an issue. So as he puts it. If you think there not going to do the entire 128 point inspection and shake and check things think again. They get paid to make your car trouble free as an incentive. Plus should the repair suddely take more than 2 hours they just give you a rental on them. The good inspection even on oil changes is one of the reasons why i decided at least I know I will be covered incase something gets caught. Again that depends on the mechanic of course but if thats true, Ican't think of a better incentive to make sure they are doing 128 point inspections. Your fast oil chnage places SAY they are, but they are usually staffed by kids, bug you for upsells, and do not do a strict run through according to GM specs like they would have you believe. I'll take mine to a GM certified trained mechanic that needs to go down a checklist and gets paid to FIND issues thanks.

Again your results could be differnt, but I don't want to take the chance.

#3 OFFLINE   Toddzilla67

Toddzilla67

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

Thank you for the info and your detailed response. So you bought an extra 3 years with how many extra miles?

If we pay $45K for a brand new car (my first, my wife's second) we will drive it well beyond the factory warranty period as long as the car stays reliable. Our '99 Regal GSE has 113K on it now, but we bought it with 60K on it in 2004. It's been a great (and very fun and reliable) car to own. I will miss it if we trade it in.

I agree with your assessments of the chain-type oil change shops. I take my AWD Chevy Express work van to the same shop (for oil changes only) every time and they have pretty much stopped trying to upsell my when I go in. But I've gotten back into the van and looked to find the floors not vacuumed as they should have been and other minor things here and there.

My company has a corporate account with a different chain (Brakes Plus) that does most other maintenance for us (brakes, transmission/transfer case fluid changes, cooling system services, etc.) and they have been pretty good about their service. I've never left Brakes Plus without fluid in the transmission (or the wrong fluid) or loose lugnuts either. If I take the van in for an alignment or brake service and nothing needs done I don't get charged a nickel.

Thanks again for passing on the info.
2010 Traverse LTZ AWD
Silver Ice Metallic, Titanium Leather
DVD, Nav, Skyscape Sunroof, Towing
Born 11/09

#4 OFFLINE   Dirtnap

Dirtnap

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:44 AM

HE asked how much I drive. I told him it's about 12k a year. I think there might be a few different tiers. I would ask to make sure. My coverage was 6 years or 68 thousand miles if memory serves. Bumper to bumper.

#5 OFFLINE   Snomon

Snomon

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

HE asked how much I drive. I told him it's about 12k a year. I think there might be a few different tiers. I would ask to make sure. My coverage was 6 years or 68 thousand miles if memory serves. Bumper to bumper.

I just purchased a Vehicle One 6/100 plan for $1,395 at time of purchase. Don't have Nav/DVD so didn't need the "luxury electronics" addon. Beat them down hard!

#6 OFFLINE   ArsenalGunner

ArsenalGunner

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

up here in the great white north, I put 7 year 140K on My wife's figure she was going to keep it for a while but I f I need to upgrade this adds a little extra worth to the car and any prospective buyers. They have more confidence that if something goes wrong they 2 will be covered since it's transferable
"I think Arsene Wenger wants to prove everyone wrong and win the league with this group of players, and I hope he does."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·