#1 OFFLINE   PittCaleb

PittCaleb

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:GeoCaching

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

2009 Traverse LT2 - factory system for voice commands - can't think of what it's called at the moment.  You access it by long-pressing the mute button.  You can give it commands such as "Call Wife" or "Bluetooth" and such.

Well - it stopped working/responding/functioning.  The mute button mutes and un-mutes, so the button itself functions.  But long-pressing it does not instianate the greeting prompt to allow me to use the hand-free features.  My phone shows BT connectivity to the vehicle (interestingly, even when turned off) but does not function through the car system.

Something is horrible amiss.  it's not just the BT radio in the computer as I can't even get it to respond to the other prompts.

#1 - does anyone know the proper name to call this - it's not the DIC (Drivers Inforamtion Center), that's the display on the dash

#2 - anyone know a way to attempt fix this from home?  Manual reset button under the hood or such?  Fuse to pull?

#3 - thoughts on what a repair is going to run me?  I need my hands-free for sure and plan on keeping the truck for many more years.  What other items are going to be 'attached' to this computer that has died?  I do NOT have in-dash nav, would it be worth adding that while performing this repair?

Any thoughts/advice is greatly appreciated.  Anyone else have this happen to them?  Truck is a little over 5 years, any chance the electrionics are on some 6 year warranty?

Cheers,
PittCaleb

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   Chevrolet Customer Service

Chevrolet Customer Service

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse!!

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hello PittCaleb,

We're sorry to learn of this issue with your navigation/radio system. Although we're unable to provide any technical advice towards a fix, we're more than happy to do some additional research on our end regarding this matter. If you're interested in sending us your VIN and contact information we will gladly look further into this matter for you. We're available via private message if interested.

Thank you,

Amber N.

Chevrolet Customer Care

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/pr...-statement.html

#3 OFFLINE   leah904

leah904

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

I have the same issue.  It just started yesterday.  Did you receive any assistance or find out what the problem was? 

Thanks for your help! 

#4 OFFLINE   PittCaleb

PittCaleb

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:GeoCaching

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Believe it or not, the problem just went away after about 3 weeks...  Everything works fine now.  So strange.

PittCaleb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·