4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   medman

medman

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

Okay.....I live in Ontario, Canada....and today, in the newspaper, it appears that GM may indeed be heading for bankruptcy....if they can't pull it off soon....

So...my question....who honours warranties, and will there be parts should they go under....??

Thanks
  • Elijah_Hib, Tequila1Ma, Boris_bum and 4 others like this

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   danthechevyman

danthechevyman

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

Okay.....I live in Ontario, Canada....and today, in the newspaper, it appears that GM may indeed be heading for bankruptcy....if they can't pull it off soon....

So...my question....who honours warranties, and will there be parts should they go under....??

Thanks

Bankruptcy is for restructuring of there debt and to break contracts with dealers in divisions which they want to eliminate anyways GM will still be around as a leaner meaner company.

#3 OFFLINE   homerlex

homerlex

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

I asked my local dealer the same question. He skirted the issue and said "I don't have a crystal ball. We have to wait to see what happens." Real reassuring :wacko:

#4 OFFLINE   copperbeech

copperbeech

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

It must be hell being a sales person at a GM dealership these days and into the foreseeable future; even more so at Saturn.

#5 OFFLINE   JOliver

JOliver

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:29 PM

We'll post an official response from GM very soon - but don't worry. All is well your vehicles will still be covered even IF and that's a very BIG IF the company files bankruptcy.

Moral of the story - don't worry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·