Custom Search

Photo

Tire Replacement for 2010 Traverse LTZ???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   estocker

estocker

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Traverse LTZ

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I am not happy with the [color=#009900 !important][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif !important]Bridgestone[/font]
Dueler H/L Alenza [color=#009900 !important][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif !important]tires[/font][/color] that came on my 2010 Traverse LTZ and have been looking for replacements before winter comes. The wheels feel loose on the road and I am constantly adding air due to low pressure indications. The problem I am running into is that in the size (255/55R20) currently installed there are only 3 choices currently on [color=#009900 !important][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif !important]the market[/font][/color] including the same tires. I have been able to find several [color=#009900 !important][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif !important]options[/font][/color] in a slight deviation to the size (255/50R20) but have been cautioned that changing the size may have adverse effects on the speed sensors for the traction control and anti-lock braking system as well as the speedometer reading. Has anyone had any experience with this issue? [/color]

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   Tucker

Tucker

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Not sure I understand your question

#3 OFFLINE   estocker

estocker

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Traverse LTZ

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

@Tucker - My question is what affect will it have to the speed sensors that control the anti-lock brakes and traction control system if I install different size tires than what was OEM installed and recommended.  I cannot find a good option to the Bridgestone Alenza tires (255/55R20) that are currently installed.  I did however find a tire I like but it is a 255/50R20.  Will this slight change in size have any adverse effects in driving the vehicle?

#4 OFFLINE   carlynx

carlynx

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:51 AM

The difference in diameter between 255/55R20 and 255/50R20 is not that huge. There will be a slight change in speedometer reading though it should not be an issue. If you want to stick with 255/55's there are other good options like Hankook, Mickey Thompson, Michelin and Goodyear..

Edited by carlynx, 17 April 2017 - 02:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·