16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sierra

sierra

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

The only thing I didn't get on my new chevy traverse is a running board. My wife is now saying that our kids need the sidestep added, so I am thinking about having it added on, but would like to see how it looks first. I read somewhere that it's chrome, but haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   danthechevyman

danthechevyman

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Try looking at this site:
http://www.gmaccesso...i...i1[type]=gm

I have seen the steps in person and did not mind the way they looked, the pictures that I had seen really didn't do them justice.

#3 OFFLINE   rimsland

rimsland

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

The LTZ we test drove had them and they look alright. The problem was that I can easily step into the vehicle and every time I got in or out, my pant leg rubbed on them and got dirty. I didn't like them. Might be good for kids though.

#4 OFFLINE   M&MSTRAVERSE

M&MSTRAVERSE

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

Just got our 2LT Saturday, having our running boards put on next weekend. Look nice and very useful for my 5 foot tall wife.

#5 OFFLINE   Hangman

Hangman

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

I will agree with you on one point, that I don't need the "assist Steps", but to keep peace in the family I had them put for my wife. The tech at Thornton Chevrolet installed them and they do look good! Maybe if we can get a Turbo V-8 we can use them as wings!! Seriously, I like them and it will help other passengers to enter the vehicle. BTW I have an LTZ.

#6 OFFLINE   Jaim

Jaim

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:21 AM

Since I just bought my Traverse and since it was taken on instalments, I have decided to add the side-steps from the beginning which helps my wife, any other family members as well as my newborn twins when they start to depend on themselves to get in the car in a couple of years' time. It looks good and proven to be very useful from day one! Helped the wife get in with no trouble to get her to the hospital to give birth haha :D

#7 OFFLINE   cbpdogboy

cbpdogboy

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

What about these nurf bars? They seem like a great deal with a 5 year warranty...
http://www.autoanyth...3A4540A0A0.aspx
  • JMagz likes this

#8 OFFLINE   wolves1869

wolves1869

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

The only thing I didn't get on my new chevy traverse is a running board. My wife is now saying that our kids need the sidestep added, so I am thinking about having it added on, but would like to see how it looks first. I read somewhere that it's chrome, but haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Didn't get the factory running boards installed..$800+.. You can get Nerf bars which are exactly the same from an on-line store for about $230..I paid $50 for installation, so under $300. I also got them for my 8 year old triplets to help them get in and out (which they love) and have used them myself, but only occasionally. Seem to be sturdy enough. Pictures in the Gallery will give you the idea of what they look like. Look great on the darker colored cars. You can also get them in black from the same stores on-line. (slightly cheaper too).

#9 OFFLINE   zeeman

zeeman

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Didn't get the factory running boards installed..$800+.. You can get Nerf bars which are exactly the same from an on-line store for about $230..I paid $50 for installation, so under $300. I also got them for my 8 year old triplets to help them get in and out (which they love) and have used them myself, but only occasionally. Seem to be sturdy enough. Pictures in the Gallery will give you the idea of what they look like. Look great on the darker colored cars. You can also get them in black from the same stores on-line. (slightly cheaper too).

Rick Hendrick Chevrolet offers the GM assist steps for $440 (not $800) These are OEM running boards, same as pictured on GM Parts Direct.

#10 OFFLINE   zeeman

zeeman

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

Purchased a 2010 LT at GrahamAutoMall in Mansfield, Ohio. Headed up there this Saturday from West Virginia to retrieve it. Called them this week on Tuesday for them to order FACTORY 'assist steps' which are exactly like the ones the LTZ's have them if ordered, for $450 + $90 Installation. Looking foreward to the weekend to bring this baby home.

#11 OFFLINE   blacksunshine

blacksunshine

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Anything do-it-yourself, Garbage pail kids, Spawn, NFL football, Heavy Metal

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

I like the looks of mine, and they seen to be good dent deflectors for shopping carts and things like that. I do find them getting in the way when I step out however. My wife is 5'2 and she uses it.

#12 OFFLINE   paulaf71

paulaf71

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

I was looking to buy a Traverse and looked at a couple of different ones and although the one I purchased didn't have all the bells and whistles that I was looking for it had one thing..... the "running boards"! As soon as I saw them, I told my husband that was the one we were taking home. I absolutely love them and they look so nice!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 OFFLINE   Winget

Winget

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:My Kids...

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

I was looking to buy a Traverse and looked at a couple of different ones and although the one I purchased didn't have all the bells and whistles that I was looking for it had one thing..... the "running boards"! As soon as I saw them, I told my husband that was the one we were taking home. I absolutely love them and they look so nice!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree the running boards are one of the most functional options, plus they look nice. luxury cars portland audi a8

#14 OFFLINE   rbenkemeadow

rbenkemeadow

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2006 Chrysler 300c SRT 8

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

My wife has been asking for these as well. Does anyone have the oem running boards on? If so can you post some pics on here or I will give you my email address?

Thanks

#15 OFFLINE   tipone01

tipone01

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy Traverse LTZ

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

just picked up an 09' LTZ w/ the stock running boards and love the way they look, I just dont use it and every time I step out of the car my leg drags on the side of the chrome and burns me on a hot day.

Attached Files

#16 OFFLINE   valkyrielaw

valkyrielaw

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Traverse LS
  • Interests:Motorcycling on the Wing, Part Time carpenter, mechanic, farmer, electrician and plumber--hooray

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

Just bought a white 2011 Traverse LS and looking for running boards.   I will install myself and wanted to see if anyone has used aftermarket boards ??   If so which ones ?

Thanks for the help for a newbie

#17 OFFLINE   carlynx

carlynx

New Traverse Member

• Traverse Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Traverse

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:37 AM

Tnere are nice looking running boards for our Traverse like westin, Lund, Aires ad Romik.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·